POSITION: Project Administrator – Construction
LOCATION: Seattle Office / Jobsite (Seattle)
The Project Administrator is an administrative professional who provides support for projects and project teams within a design firm through a rigorous and efficient production process resulting in quality documentation and deliverables, as part of delivering excellence in Design.
The position requires a proactive, quick learner, with a high energy level and strong work ethic. The Project Administrator is a cooperative and flexible team player with a mature attitude and a proven ability to efficiently multi-task. This role demands a self-motivated individual that is reliable, punctual and dependable.
• Prepare, process and track all construction-related documents including: change orders, document releases, payment applications and certificates of substantial completion.
• Route Submittals, RFIs and other documents for issuance and maintain accurate logs per established system.
• Create, proof, edit, copy and mail general and project-related correspondence (letters, meeting notes, transmittals, reports, estimates, graphs, charts, schedules, etc.).
• Set up and maintain project files per established procedures.
• Provide and coordinate client presentation materials using Word, InDesign, PowerPoint.
• Provide Construction Administrative support for architectural firm at project site.
• Arrange project meetings, including lunch and coffee set-ups.
• Arrange travel and associated logistics.
• Accurately route and handle incoming and outgoing mail and shipments.
• 40-hour work week expected – hourly position.
• Assists with general office and front desk duties as needed.
• Business Casual Dress is appropriate when in office.
• Casual attire per worksite regulations when in Jobsite trailer at construction site.
• Able to work independently and efficiently under pressing deadline situations while maintaining good working relationships with teams and staying abreast of daily work requirements.
• Meticulous organizational and filing skills.
• Must be articulate with excellent communication skills and writing abilities; excellent spelling, grammatical and typing abilities.
• Proficient in the following software applications:
o MS Word, Excel & Outlook
o Newforma, BlueBeam, Deltek Vision and InDesign a plus, though not required.
o AIA Contract Document software a plus, though not required.
• Ability to work in multiple computer programs simultaneously.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of mid-level administrative experience, some within the A/E/C field.
• Knowledge of architectural/engineering terminology required.
• Management of operations for four-person construction site office for construction project of approximately three years.
• Project Architect on site and Project Manager in Seattle main office for project matters.
• Office Manager/Administrative Supervisor for general office and procedural matters.
Start Date: December 2017
Training/Work in Seattle Main Office: December 2017 – February 2018
On Jobsite (Seattle): February 2018 – March 2020 or to project completion
About Us: ZGF is an international architecture, urban design, and interior design firm focused on design excellence, innovation, and stewardship of the environment. ZGF has six offices in the United States and Canada. We have a celebrated 50-plus-year history, growing to more than 600 employees, while constantly considering the future. We are thinkers, creatives, disrupters, designers, makers and doers who come from diverse backgrounds and disciplines. Collaboration is in our DNA and our extraordinary talent spans the artistic to the analytical; unconventional to technical, which makes for a truly rich work environment and the ability to offer services customized to each client engagement. We learn from each other and invest in the growth and development of our talent. Collectively, we strive to make a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve.
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online at www.zgf.com/careers.