STATUS / Full-Time
LOCATION / Seattle (Downtown)
In 2014, Coughlin Porter Lundeen celebrated 20 years of successful partnerships throughout the Puget Sound. We pride ourselves on providing a level of service and quality that is unmatched in the region. We work in many market sectors on both public and private building projects. Our clients include Microsoft, Amazon.com, Vulcan, Boeing, Children’s Hospital, Virginia Mason, Starbucks, Washington State University, and the University of Washington. Additionally, we are well known for our seismic retrofit work on notable historic and designated Landmark buildings in the region.
Located in downtown Seattle, Coughlin Porter Lundeen is an energetic engineering consulting firm that emphasizes quality and innovation. We are seeking a full time Accounting Assistant who will come in and hit the ground running. The qualified candidate will be flexible and energetic with vast knowledge and experience in accounting; a desire to learn; and the ability to support our employees with five-star customer service.
- Accounts Payable: Review and process invoices, enter data, reconcile A/P accounts and maintain files for all vendors
- Process weekly check runs
- Review and process expense reports and credit card statements
- Scan and file documentation
- Vendor set-up and prepare 1099 forms for reporting
- Accounts Receivable: Prepare client invoices and monthly statements
- Process project set-ups and time adjustments
- Research and identify payment discrepancies. Prepare weekly AR aging reports for management
- Provide general assistance to the controller. Contribute to process improvement
- Maintaining data base information and tracking reports related to licensure, B&O Reporting, professional organizations, sponsorships, contributions, etc.
- Coordinate with others in Administration, IT & HR
- Support payroll process: Timesheet management (collect, post and check)
- Provide Project managers with weekly summary and staff utilization reports
- Assist with special projects as needed (audits, owner requests, etc.)
- Project accounting experience and/or background is a plus
- Other duties as assigned
- Two plus (2+) years of directly related experience in Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience in the A/E industry desired
- Ability to anticipate, identify, quantify, and resolve problems in a timely and positive manner, viewing obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Must have initiative, be resourceful, and be able to work independently.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize, manage time and projects, and multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English is required, with good verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with all levels of management, staff, and clients in diverse environments.
- Willingness to adhere to our core values.
Benefits and Compensation
This is a full-time, non-exempt position; compensation will be determined by the candidate’s qualifications. Position benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Our firm also offers a transit subsidy (Orca pass), as well as paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). We offer a generous retirement savings plan which includes company matching and profit sharing contributions, and all employees are eligible for merit bonuses.
We are committed to rewarding the hard work and initiative shown by our team members. As our business is founded on excellence in client service, creating careers for our employees – rather than just jobs – is key to maintaining the loyalty of our clients.
Additional information regarding our workplace and benefits can be found here.
Please send resume and letter of interest or requests for information to: email@example.com.