From Seattle to across the USA and Canada
- On-demand, educational webinars
- Local and national educational programs on subjects relevant to A/E/C firms and your professional growth
- Free or reduced costs for you and your firm’s employees, to attend our educational business practice events
- Leadership growth for young professionals interested in board service or the pursuit of leadership roles within their careers
- Recognition for emerging leaders and outstanding young members
- Member awards: Star, ROSE, and Lifetime Achievement
- Short-term leadership opportunities
- Mentor/mentee relationships (formal or informal), led by mentors who are practicing industry professionals
- Networking with other administrators and managers in your area of expertise
- Seattle chapter Jobline, a listing of local A/E/C jobs available
- White papers
- Exclusive member discounts from SDA partners including Staples, ARCOM, Kaplan AEC Education, and more
Certification as a Design Firm Administrator
Successful administrators have skills and knowledge that center on finance, communication, organization and management in general, as well as the ability to delegate and recognize the appropriate level for decision-making. The Certified Design Firm Administrator (CDFA) designation recognizes your achieved administrative and management expertise and distinguishes and supports the roles performed by the spectrum of administrators and managers in the A/E/C firm.
Benefits of SDA’s certification credential include enhanced marketability and increased earning potential.
Ask away—you’re in good company
SDA’s online discussion forums provide access to a pool of extensive knowledge and know-how. SDA members across the country will respond to your queries, offering advice, and sharing best practices.
Professional Emphasis Group (PEG) Library
SDA focuses on five Professional Emphasis Groups related to design firm administration: Office Administration, Finance, Project Management, Human Resources, and Marketing. The library contains downloadable sample forms, worksheets, policies, and more that you can adapt to your firm.
More Content. More Knowledge.
Portico is a quarterly publication from SDA Seattle. SDA Today is a monthly publication from SDA National. Both provide timely and relevant A/E/C and association news. As a member, you’ll have access to both.